[Healeys] Grille Install, WOW!

Rich C richchrysler at quickclic.net
Mon May 25 11:17:58 MDT 2009

Mark,

First we are still talking abou the earlier horizontal wavy slat grille,
right?

Place the front of the car on jack stands and get the front wheels out of
the way. Position the height of the front of the car so you can lie
comfortably on your back and reaching straight up, can reach the top grille
fasteners.

The side splash shields (on at least one side) needs to remain off the car
for now. You will be introducing parts in from the side. I usually bring
everything in from the passenger's side to avoild the steering box and it's
wiring.

Bring the brow and teeth assembly in from that side and fit loosely into
place.

Install the bottom chrome edging strip onto the bottom lip of the shroud.

Start your double ended studs into the lower left and right grille mountings
as we spoke about last week.

Now bring the (black painted) left and right inner radiator shroud pieces
and the tie bar that fits between them in from the side one at a time (not
as an assembly) and get them fitted loosely to their screws at the top and
onto the studs at the bottom.

Install the outer splash shields (painted body colour) into their inner
wheel arch locations.

Install the bottom front corner steady straps (painted black) onto the
splash shields and onto the lower outer studs.

Carefully align and tighten everything.

Go have a beer (only when the job's finished) and congratulate yourself.

Rich Chrysler