[Healeys] Healeys Digest, Vol 3, Issue 333

Michael Lempert mlempert at bellsouth.net
Sun May 24 12:04:32 MDT 2009

Yes, there were standards. MANY.  The non-adjustable wheels and shafts were
different than the adjustable, but all non-adjustable were the same and all
adjustable were the same. The adjustable columns were 48 spline count and
about 3/4 in diameter, and the non-adjustable were 50 spline count and a
small fraction larger in diameter (without getting out the caliper to
refresh my memory). While the 48 spline was a very commonly used one (Jag,
MGA, Morgan, Mini, and many others) I have only known Healey to use the 50
count. To give you some idea of it's rarity, I cannot find a broaching shop
in all of England that has the broach for it, but they all have the 48
counts.

If you could provide me with a picture of your wheel, I may be able to tell
you more.

Regards,
Mike Lempert
http://www.lempertwheels.com