[Healeys] Castrol GT-LMA Brake Fluid

Bob Spidell bspidell at comcast.net
Sat May 23 19:02:02 MDT 2009

While we're on the subject ...

My dad and I completely rebuilt the brake system on our BN2 when we first
acquired it.  Used Castrol GT-LMA as recommended.

The car (mostly) sat for a few years while we prepared to restore the car.  We
assumed the brakes would be fine since we did a complete rebuild but lo and
behold the brakes were stuck when we reassembled.  We tore everything down again
and found (either) hard, crusty or gelatinous residue in the cylinders.

I've run DoT5 for over 20 years in my BJ8 and whenever I have to pull a cylinder
they are spotless.

Bob

Bob Spidell           San Jose, CA            bspidell at comcast.net