[Healeys] Oil For Healey's

Chris Masucci csooch1 at aol.com
Fri May 22 19:24:11 MDT 2009

FYI, if you folks want to buy oil locally, you have several readily
available options.  Rotella 5W40 synthetic is very high in Zinc, and will
most likely be what I use in my Healey once I get it back on the road.

If you have to have a 20W50 oil, Mobil 1 V-Twin Synthetic has a higher Zinc
level than even Rotella Synthetic or Mobil 1 Delvac.  You can get Mobil 1
V-Twin pretty much anywhere.

Also, before you have sticker shock at the $6 per quart price, ask yourself
how many times you change oil per year in your Healey and whether the price
really matters?  I had to pay $16 per liter for one of my cars to stay in
warranty until something better and cheaper had been tested.

Cheers,
Chris
BJ8