[Healeys] Fw: Getting Healey off the ground

BJ8 Healeys sbyers at ec.rr.com
Fri May 22 10:46:53 MDT 2009

When jacking the rear, I usually put my floor jack or scissors jack under
the horizontal projection of the frame behind the rear wheels (padded with a
piece of 2 x 4, of course).  I can do this even with the front already
raised.
When jacking the front, I have to use a scissors jack under one spring pan
(padded with a piece of 2 x 4, of course) to jack the car high enough to get
the floor jack (padded, etc.) under the front crossmember.

Good luck with the Hillclimb, Jim.  I had the pleasure of climbing Pikes
Peak in my BJ8 in company with Michael Oritt and Peter and Ann Hunt,
although at a rather leisurely pace.

Steve Byers
HBJ8L/36666
BJ8 Registry