[Healeys] BJ8 wheel knock-off tightening

Greg Lemon glemon at neb.rr.com
Tue May 19 18:10:27 MDT 2009

Is important to lube your splines, though not as important on a sheltered
collector car as on a daily driver, I acquired an MGB many years ago upon
which this had not been done and much swearing and application of brute
force as well as consumption of soothing beverages was needed to pursuade
wheel from hub.

Bearing grease is often suggested, I find that it tends to leak out onto the
spokes from centrifugal force when it gets hot on the highway, I have used
anti-sieze compound with good results and less mess.

As far as taking the knock offs off that is more a function of how hard they
were whacked on than any grease used or not used, but still a good idea to
lube these as well.

Greg Lemon