[Healeys] Wire wheels manufacturers

Rich C richchrysler at quickclic.net
Tue May 19 06:43:52 MDT 2009

Tadek, et al,

I have only ever bought and used the MWS painted wheels who use the original
Dunlop design. The quality of the India manufactured wheels has been very
high for over 20 years and of all the sets we've bought and installed on my
own and customers project cars, there have never been any problems, and some
of these have been driven extensively. Certainly as Josef stated, there is a
difference in the look of the MWS vs. the Daytons, both in shape and as far
as I've seen, colour of the paint. The Daytons are definetly a darker silver
gray than they should be, where the MWS are spot on.
Certainly your choice, but I would definetly recommend the painted 48 spoke
MWS wheels with nothing bigger than the 165x15 or equivalent tires. If you
care to go all the way back to originality, these wheels fitted with new but
original design Dunlop Roadspeed 5.90x15 tires (as originally fitted to your
car) will give the car it's original look with full and even wheel arches,
ride height and driving characteristics, admittedly quite different from a
radial tire, but no stress on the wheels or the car, and great fun to drive.
These were the best and highest performance tire of their day.

Now come the comments....

Rich Chrysler