[Healeys] schuttle shake

P.M. Pollock pollpete at ix.netcom.com
Mon May 18 09:53:44 MDT 2009

I picked up my BJ7 new in May of 1963, with a 100 mile drive home that
day.  He had scuttle shake then and thereafter, lesser or stronger
depending upon the shocks/wheel/tire conditions.  Sometimes 55-60 MPH
was utterly intolerable:  I got a ticket crossing the Oakland Bay Bridge
for going too slow- traffic was at 60 (10MPH faster than the limit), but
I was at 50!  Frame harmonic makes sense to me.  My to-do list includes
drum and driveshaft balancing near the top and, if I ever truly restore
the body, the welds, etc. to the scuttle.