[Healeys] Headlight dipper switch - help!

John Loftus loftusdesign at cox.net
Mon May 18 09:28:31 MDT 2009

Hi Rudy,

The central shaft comes through the cap and is peened over, much like a rivet head. As Peter said, this gets worn over time and the cap pops off. The central shaft goes through the body and is what activates a switch near the bottom (inside where the 3 wires attach).

If you want to try to 'repair' your original (which is probably a better quality switch than the aftermarket) you could drill and tap the central shaft for a small machine screw.

BTW, same thing happened with my Lucas switch but I found a NOS switch to replace it. I kept the repaired original as a back up.

Cheers,
John