[Healeys] Rivet Refresher

tomleavy at comcast.net tomleavy at comcast.net
Mon May 18 05:11:04 MDT 2009

Hi Mark-

I just helped a friend last week. Inside the cockpit, rivets are used across
the lip of the dash top.B
There is also one on either side of the shroud where the wing bolts run thru
the sides of the scuttle. Regarding what to use under the shroud, think of it
as a sealant, not adhesive, or the next owner who tries to remove the shroud
will destroy it in the process. I use a 3m product that resembles a thick tar,
kind f a clay consistency. It is packaged in strips, and I just double them up
and run them just behind the front lip of the bonnet opening. Anyone on the
list have pics that they could forward here?B

Regards, Tom`