[Healeys] Hundred Hand brake plating

Editorgary at aol.com Editorgary at aol.com
Sun May 17 22:27:18 MDT 2009

In a message dated 5/17/09 7:39:40 AM, healeys-request at autox.team.net
writes:

> The Hundred handbrake handle seemed to have been bright chrome just on the
> "hand" part, plus the release button, and a plain dull zinc looking finish
> from there back to the pivot point. I do not believe it was ever painted.

I've checked with several contributors to the Austin-Healey Concours
Registry restoration guidelines, and the consensus is that the entire handle was
chromed; however, only the top part where the hand rests, plus the button,
were polished (remember that chroming consists of both plating and polishing
to get to the desired shiny finish). All the other parts that go together to
form the handbrake system were zinc-plated.
Gary Anderson