[Healeys] Elevation effects on SU carbs - suggestion

Bob Spidell bspidell at comcast.net
Sun May 17 10:26:38 MDT 2009

re:

"Equalize the amount; for instance if it's .055" in one and .045" in the other, equalize at .050"."

Immaterial and possibly harmful if the fuel levels differ ... start by making sure the float levels in both carbs are correct (but that's carb tuning, not altitude compensation--I was assuming properly tuned and balanced carbs to begin with). Also, make sure the needles are installed correctly (they differ--carb tuning again).

How would you measure the fuel levels with a dial caliper (half-;)

bs