[Healeys] Healey Sighting

David Masucci drmasucci at comcast.net
Wed May 13 18:14:06 MDT 2009

Well I finally got to see one. I've been around Austin Healeys since I was
about 5 years old...I am now almost 53. I'm doing some work on my BJ8 and I
had the engine out. While it was out I figured that I would get the flywheel
resurfaced. I agonized as to where to have it done. The last flywheel that I
had done for my 95 Ford Escort came back dished...not machined flat. Then I
remembered KTR. KTR is a shop that maintains, restores, and generally deals
in very expensive European cars. It's one of those places where you just
start drooling as soon as you cross the threshold. First there's a showroom
with vintage Ferraris, Astons, Alfas, etc. Then you enter the shop. In there
they are working on Lolas, Porsches, Jaguars, Lotus, more Ferraris, etc. All
kinds of open wheel vintage race cars are being worked on. A few motorcycles
are also seen. There are beautiful and very expensive cars everywhere that
you look. I figured they should be qualified to do my flywheel so that's
where I went.

When I got there it was just before 7 AM. They open at 7. I peer through the
window and I recognize it immediately. Oh my God I finally got to see one. A
Healey 100S! It was beautifully restored. Oh man. It seems that it was
restored in Australia. I was told that it was one of the first 3 of the 55
made. I don't know it that was all true or not...but I finally got to see a
100S. Very nice. I'm happy now.

Just had to tell you all about it.

Dave

BJ8