[Healeys] Healey Exhaust Manifold Fasteners

Mark Schneider mandmschneider at comcast.net
Tue May 12 22:08:46 MDT 2009

All,

I hope someone on the list has the solution to Bob's question
regarding securing and sealing the the downpipes to exhaust manifold
connection.  Its is odd that I never had a problem until the last time
I installed a new pair of mufflers and downpipes on my BJ8.  I am
using brass nuts and lock washers on the studs.  About once every six
months I have to put the car up on jack stands and tighten the nuts.
I have dropped the downpipes and replace the gaskets but to no avail.
The things still loosen with time.  I just listen for the psst,
psst,psst and then get out the jack stands and ratchet wrench.

Marks 3