[Healeys] Any Healeys in Georgia??

Peter Hunt peter at easterton.com
Wed May 6 05:56:27 MDT 2009

Richard,

I wish you the best of luck whilst visiting the country of Georgia - NATO
are conducting military exercises in the region and Russion troops are
massing on the northen border according to our national press.

Drove through the country almost 9 years to the week in our '62 BT7 on the
way to Baku on the Caspian Sea. Very friendly people but the roads were a
disaster - full of potholes with cattle and sheep wandering along with the
traffic.

Stayed at the Sheraton in Tbilisi and changed the cast iron exhaust manifold
for a DW 6 branch steel system as the CI had cracked. You may still find the
remains in the large garage area under the hotel, it probably is the only
part of an Austin Healey in Georgia.

There are some mention of our experience travelling through Georgia on our
website -

www.aroundtheworld.scotland.net/auric/progress.htm

Day 12 is when we drove into the region - have a good time!

Regards,

Peter Hunt
Scotland