[Healeys] Paypal

Mark Schneider mandmschneider at comcast.net
Fri May 1 23:39:34 MDT 2009

I had my own experience with Paypal. I too received the recent Paypal
phishing expedition.  However, my experience with Paypal started last
December.  I sold some antiques and received the buyers' payment via
Paypal.  I knew when the buyer's funds hit my account because they had
sent me a separate email.  I had never dealt with Paypal of selling
something via the Internet.  So the next morning I checked my account
to see if the money had been credited. In fact I learned that the my
funds were gone, the account had been closed, and my American Express
card number had been used to purchase an additional $250.00 worth of
merchandise over and above the funds I shouldl have received from the
buyer.  the culprit had orchestrated al of this from the Philippines.
It took me about three months to get the issue straightened out.  I
did come out OK but only because I can be pretty stubborn when I feel
screwed.  the worst of this situation was I found it absolutely
frustrating and difficult to deal with Paypal.  I was never able to
talk to the same person twice and it took me a week of effort to get
to talk to the first live human being.  My advice, stay away from
Paypal.  Their internal security sucks almost as bad as their customer
service.

Marks 3
1966 BJ8