[Healeys] Stolen Trophies -was Link to DMH Land's end medal photo

J. Scott Morris jstmorris at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 28 09:44:24 MST 2009

Hi Rick;B  I believe you are recalling the announcement last year at about
this time from Bic Healey.B  He wrote:
B I had a call from a very distressed Pat Moss Carlsson over the Easter
Weekend and I am hoping that you will be able to help her. Whilst she was in
hospital over and just after Christmas, someone stole her two most-cherished
trophies which are irreplaceable. They are both easily recognizable and
certainly not easy to dispose of as they are unique.
The first is a model of URX 727, the big Healey in which she and Ann Wisdom
won the Liege-Rome-Liege Rally outright in 1960. The car is in red and full
rally livery. Only two of these were made and the girls were presented with
them.
The second is the Guild of Motoring Writers Driver of the Year award which was
presented to Pat and Ann. It is a pewter steering wheel with a hand on it and
is engraved with their names. This is also unique.
Obviously the most likely means of disposing of these would be through the
Internet or on eBay. Rather than worry Pat with calls, can I ask that anyone
with any information gets in touch with me and I will then direct them to the
police who are obviously aware of the theft.
I would appreciate any help you can give and I know Pat would. She has not
been well of late and the recovery of the trophies would be just the tonic she
needs.
- Bic Healey
Since then, Pat Moss has passed away.B  [ born December 27 1934; died October
14 2008 ]
I do not recall any announcement of her trophies being recovered so it is wise
to be on the look out for any items that may surface on the auction circuit.B
When the above notice was posted, the request was to contact Reid Trummel
<editor_reid at hotmail.com> Reid wrote: bIf anyone has any knowledge of the
whereabouts of these items, including offers to sell or auction them, please
contact me off list.B B  Please also help to spread the word.b
--Scott Morris; Simcoe, Ontario, Canada; b60 MkI BN7 & b62 MkII BT7
J. Scott Morris - Keep Smiling, Murphy Lives