[Healeys] Carb Adjustment Epiphany

Ray Carbone racarbon at optonline.net
Sat Mar 28 07:50:21 MST 2009

Over the past 40 years I have adjusted my share of SU carbs but recently I find that I may have been doing it wrong.   I have always been under the impression that the pin on each HD8 was used to adjust that carburetor's mixture, however, recently I've read and followed the instructions of 2 articles that indicate the pin is used to adjust the other carb (i.e. back carb pin to adjust the front carb and visa versa).

A number of club members and sports car associates seems to indicate that they were also surprised by the new approach and under my original understanding.  I can't believe I've been wrong all this time. However, the new (to me) way seems very logical.   I would like to hear which is considered correct by the list.

All the best,

Ray Carbone

64 BJ8 Phase 1