[Healeys] Squealy Healey (Clutch)

John Harper ah at jharper.demon.co.uk
Wed Mar 25 01:55:54 MST 2009

  Jack

I had exactly the same problem when I put my BN2 back on the road a few
years back. In fact I took the gearbox out and checked whole lot over
and found nothing. I therefore drove the car normally. Over the next
5,000 miles or so the squeal become less and less and has now gone
completely. My theory is that it is something to do with the surface of
the flywheel or the new resonance frequency of my modified version. I
also had mine turned down and lightened.

I have a spare similarly lightened flywheel and when I tap it the
ringing note is quite a lot higher than the standard heavier version.

On the other hand I might be talking rubbish!!??

I would be interested to know if yours gets better with use as mine did.

Regards