[Healeys] no brakes

Michael Salter msalter at precisionsportscar.com
Wed Mar 18 19:15:24 MST 2009

Hi Ned,
My bet is that the system has leaked and the master piston cylinder is stuck
in the bore which has prevented the reservoir from draining.
It is very unlikely that air just "got" into the system while the car was
sitting in storage.
Does the brake pedal feel completely slack with no real resistance at all?
If so the master cylinder piston is stuck down.
Sometimes it will work its way back up over a few hours, but usually it is
master cylinder rebuild or replacement time.

Michael Salter
100 (1953) #174
AHX12 (1953)
Bugeye (1961)