[Healeys] chrome ring assembly problem on indicators???

Awgertoo at aol.com Awgertoo at aol.com
Wed Mar 18 04:27:50 MST 2009

Randy--

Do NOT use a screwdriver--try a wooden cuticle pusher or plastic dental  tool
with dish soap or windex.

Best--Michael Oritt

In a message dated 3/17/2009 10:47:40 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
rdickson at midwestarchaeology.com writes:

Fellow Healeyoids,
Ibm having a hell of a time getting that little chrome ring  into the rubber
light housing on the rear turn indicator lights.  I got  the fronts in fine,
but I canbt get the rears in to save my life.  I have  spent an hour on just
one!  Ibm sick of slipping with the rounded blade  of a screwdriver and
gouging
the paint.  I got these from AH Spares about  five years ago and they have
never seen the light of day.  Did they  change dimensions when they passed the
time/space  continuum?     I donbt know if I need to get other ones,  use
silicone or like lubricant or what.  I always had a slightly hard  time with
these
on my old Minis and my Cobra (which are identical) but NOTHING  like the
Healey
problem.  Maybe there is a special tool??????  Help  is appreciated as how to
proceed.
Randy
Healey-Archaeologist
63 BJ7