[Healeys] FACTORY

Joe and Lenore Armour sebring at illawarra.hotkey.net.au
Sat Mar 14 16:37:56 MST 2009

Guys please be more definitive with the term   FACTORY
Is it;  Austin Motor Co.,   is it  MG assembly line,  is it the Jensen
Co. plant, is it the BMC/MG Competitin Dept.,  or do we mean the little
old shed where Donald Healey Motor Company employees built RACING CARS
for LeMans, Sebring and the Targa Florio,  endurance cars, proto-types
and development cars??????
The paper work I have seen shows all those red and white rally cars were
owned by the MG Company.

My purely personal view, why build replicas that Donald Healey Motor Co.
had very little input to.

The pure Healey Works cars had chassis plates with car shown as; HEALEY

Look at Bill Emerson's great and definite HEALEY BOOK that set out to
show an example of every Healey type built including the SPECIFICATION

I will now retreat to the garage and work on the two HEALEYS

Joe