[Healeys] Laygear or Cluster

sebring at illawarra.hotkey.net.au sebring at illawarra.hotkey.net.au
Tue Mar 10 22:54:59 MST 2009

I have maintained my old BN.4 with two different sedan donor laygears. The sedans being a Morris Issis and a second time a Morris Marshall. One of these laygears had the same 1st, 2nd and 3rd gear number of teath and I mated them with the Healey gears on the overdrive main shaft,BUT the constant mesh transfer gear set ( input/1st motion shaft) had different numbers of teeth and therefore different ratio to the BN.4  The other sedan gear set had the same constant mesh teeth and ratios as the BN.4 BUT second and or third gear was a different ratio requiring the main shaft of the BN.4 to be dismantled and remade with the correct sedan gear to match the laygear.

These laygear and matching gears can all be used with the appropiate mating gear