[Healeys] Carb gas leak

Oudesluys coudesluijs at chello.nl
Mon Mar 9 01:58:31 MST 2009

This is quite correct but fit 2 filters. In general use a (large) fuel
filter between tank(s) pump(s) and one between pump(s) and the carbs.
Also consider fitting a fuel pressure regulator between the last fuel
filter and carbs.
Another step is fitting an electrically operated fuel valve (e.g. as is
used in most old types of LPG /dual fuel installations)  in the fuel
line. This prevents fuel drainage from the tank into the engine when the
car is parked nose down. I do not know if your Healey's suffer from
this, but mine does.
Connect the valve to a circuit that is switched on by the ignition
switch and also fit an extra manual switch on a hidden place as an extra
anti-theft devise.
Kees Oudesluijs
NL