[Healeys] new clutch -non healey

Awgertoo at aol.com Awgertoo at aol.com
Thu Mar 5 19:30:43 MST 2009

Patrick--

Thanks for spending some $$ while on your visit but I am afraid I must be
the bearer of bad news.
The following quote comes from the Dexter Shoes website in the FAQ
department:

"Why did Dexter stop making shoes in the United  States?
Offshore competition in the shoe industry started eating  away at the
business of U.S. companies in the 1970s. Foreign companies began  selling leathers
and finished shoes in the U.S. for less. As much as consumers  would like to
support American manufacturers, most people will buy the products  that offer the
best value for the price, regardless of where they're made.  Dexter held out
against these pressures for decades, allowing much of our  workforce to retire
on schedule. We developed offshore manufacturing facilities  that could
maintain our high standards for quality. By moving manufacturing  abroad and
retaining management and distribution functions in the U.S., we're  able to protect
workers' pensions as we provide customers with extraordinary  value."

Best--Michael Oritt

In a message dated 3/5/2009 9:24:19 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,