[Healeys] Door striker adjustment????

Ed Townley healeymnster at gmail.com
Wed Mar 4 07:36:11 MST 2009

Randy: I fiddled with the striker plates, moving them in and out on my BJ8
until I nearly wore out the threads on the silly things.  then Ilooked
closely at the c shaped latch and it was loose on it's shaft.  this was on
both doors.  a spot weld with a little careful grinding restored the thing
to it's original function.  for many years I thought doors were supposed to
pop open to the first click and rattle. I am happy to say that is not the
case now.
I am attaching a picture of the fix, which, will, of course be stripped by
the list.
Cheers
Ed Townley
Southern NM, USA