[Healeys] Bodywork Advise on "Oil Canning"

BJ8 Healeys sbyers at ec.rr.com
Sat Jun 27 19:04:31 MDT 2009

Another technique is to quickly cool down the metal with wet cloths after heating it and removing as much of the oil can as possible with hammer and dolly, working from the edges in.  This kind of bodywork can be done at home as a learning exercise, but I wouldn't advise tring to learn on your Healey fender.  As with most things manual, with practice you get better at it, so practice on something less important than your fender first.  I would recommend you get an experienced body man (panel beater, not a Bondo spreader) to do the job.

Steve Byers
HBJ8L/36666
BJ8 Registry
Havelock, NC  USA