[Healeys] Installing bonnet lock

J E JR AUSTIN ahbugeye1 at bellsouth.net
Mon Jun 22 17:43:18 MDT 2009

I need help again. I keep finding surprises.B  When trying to mount the bonnet
lock, I discovered that the two holes in the upper Cowl & Crossbrace assembly,
where the screws mount the hood latch support bracket, B had been welded up.
B The repair was so good, I canbt determine where to re-drill the holes.B  I
am not sure how critical the mounting of the support bracket is to make the
hood close correctly, but suspect it should be fairly close. If someone has
the measurements (mainly the up or down location of this assembly/holes) I
would greatly appreciate this information.B  Also, The Service Parts List
doesnbt show any nuts for the mounting screws.B  Are these holes tapped and
if so do the screws go all the way through the Crossbrace?
Thanks in advance,
Sam Austin