[Healeys] Concours restoration question

Jody Kerr jodyfkerr at gmail.com
Thu Jun 18 15:51:37 MDT 2009

So, I've had this question rattling around in my brain since the key
discussion started.

If it's (for example) 2009 and I restore my car to 2009 concours
specifications and somehow manage a gold certification (bloody
unlikely, but this is hypothetical) what happens in subsequent years?

So, say that the concours guide is updated in 2010 to include the key
bit, but my car doesn't have the key (which was fine in 2009, but no
good in 2010), does it get grandfathered for the 2009 year, or is it
measured against 2010 standards?

It may only be a hypothetical question today (at least for me), but
it's definitely a good question for those whose crs are certified or
anyone buying a concours judged car. And is there a yearly updates
document that accompanies the concours guidelines?

Jody

--
http://www.theymightberacing.com/
1953 Studebaker Champion