[Healeys] '55 100/4 - "M" spec For Sale - $4500!

m.brouillette at comcast.net m.brouillette at comcast.net
Thu Jun 18 14:08:13 MDT 2009

Speaking of the scams, I just got a check in the mail...

B  I had something listed on the local Craigslist for $300 and got an email a
day later offering to buy it for the full price and would send a check (for
something not easily shippable).

B  I have seen these scams before, so I decided to from an email account not
used much more play along.B  So I sent them a mailing address with a phone
number (local FBI office's number) and told them to send the check.B  Well it
came today and it cost them for UPS shipping (too bad, so sad).B  I then gave
the FBI office a call to ask if they wanted this unopened at that time
envelope and open a case.B  They told me not to bother cause they get hundreds
of these scams sent to them and they can't chase them down.B  The woman I
talked to couldn't believe how many folks fall for this and actually send back
the money.B  Oh well, I have a check as a souvenir and a story to tell.

B  If they contact me again, I will probably tell them the check got damaged
and the bank can't do anything with it, so send me another.B  Serve them right
having to pay UPS again...

Mike B

59 BT7