[Healeys] Misleading Barrett Jackson promo material on BJ8

F Ronald Rader f.ronald.rader at gmail.com
Sat Jun 13 16:08:35 MDT 2009

Greg:
I agree.
My car happens to be restored to as near as correct (and perfect) as I
could afford at the time.

However there were little things that I did that I felt made it a
nicer (more restored?) car, for my own personal taste.

The brass (or copper) parts have been polished. I know they should be
painted.
I made a battery cover out of the same material as the floor and tire cover.
I powder coated the prop rods.

This will probably send me to Healey Hell but I like the look. Kurt
does his cars over the top. Many would say over restored. But the
folks that are buying these cars like that.

It is up to the purists to keep their cars as original.

Something for everyone.

However you seldom see a 100 point perfect restoration car sell for
the prices that Kurt Tanner gets. And his sales are pulling up our
values.

Having said that I still have a BJ8 for sale ($79,000)
ron rader

1965 BJ8
1954 Nash Healey
1960 XK150 FHC
1967 E Type FHC

On Sat, Jun 13, 2009 at 11:36 AM, Greg Lemon<glemon at neb.rr.com> wrote:
> Thanks Ron, last I checked they built the cars by the tens of thousands and
> Thousands survive, there are plenty of people interested in such cars and
> buy them or have them restored to original specs--and thats cool
>
> There are people who want to make a Healey worth as much as it can be worth,
a very pretty drivable car, that is cool as well as long as the car is not
represented as something it is not, if the buyer wants an original car they
shouldn't buy one of these, obviously some don't care about correct bolts and
colors of the working bits under the bonnet.