[Healeys] conclave --- returning to the USA

Dan Stromquist dan at warner-associates.com
Thu Jun 11 14:01:28 MDT 2009

I go to Canada all the time and have never been asked if I have a DUI or
even heard of someone being asked much more being refused entry.  However,
it is my understanding that, if you are a US citizen and get an alcohol DUI
in Canada, there is the usual large fine, a waiting period, then you have to
go to drunk school, and finally pass a test.  You can get reinstated and be
allowed back in but not until all is properly completed.  Now, if you have
been inspected and found to have other illegal drugs, it is my
understanding, you are not allowed back in ever.  I think it is the same
rule for US felons.

This year we were asked for our passports when we crossed over from
Minnesota into Ontario.  They always ask about guns, alcohol and tobacco.

One other note is at Warroad my buddy with an electronic pain pump had to
walk through the main building because they were x raying all the vehicles
and boats.  He was told the x ray could cause the pump to malfunction.
Dan