[Healeys] conclave --- returning to the USA

pdeturck at rochester.rr.com pdeturck at rochester.rr.com
Wed Jun 10 17:01:33 MDT 2009

All -
Don't forget to bring your passport or enhanced drivers license (EDL)
if you have one.
Recent WHTI rules imposed by Homeland Security are in effect as of June 1st.

http://travel.state.gov/travel/cbpmc/cbpmc_2223.html

Recent reports in the NY papers indicate border patrols are being more lenient
than the initiative rules state and as a result warnings are being
issued instead
of preventing people from re-entry.

http://www.cbp.gov/xp/cgov/newsroom/news_releases/may_2009/05272009_7.xml

I suggest a drivers license or picture ID, birth certificate and
insurance card if you
are not in possession of a passport or EDL.

I have not made a recent visit to Canada so I cannot vouch for what
it's like but the
news media here in upstate NY has covered the situation a couple of times.

Perhaps someone who has made the crossing recently can comment?

-pd-
'66 BJ8