[Healeys] tires for bj8

Jaap Aeckerlin j.aeckerlin at gmail.com
Wed Jun 10 06:08:36 MDT 2009

Guys, don't know whether the news has already crossed the ocean, but
Vredestein, which was bought by a Russian company some 5 years ago, has just
changed hands and is now owned by a company in India. Five years ago the
intention was to manufacture the tires in Russia instead of in The
Netherlands but, as often happens with the Russians, the plans stranded and
there seems to be a half-finished tire plant in Russia for sale. The new
Indian owners have stated that they will continue to produce classic tires
for classic cars in the Dutch plant.
Jack Aeckerlin, The Netherlands
1964 BJ8 29432 (On Michelin ZX !)