[Healeys] Tires for BJ8

Mark Schneider mandmschneider at comcast.net
Tue Jun 9 22:40:55 MDT 2009

Listers,

I have Dayton 72 spoke chrome wires on my Phase 2 BJ8.  The tires
mounted on them are 205/65 R 15s.  The tires do not rub on the front
but the rears will sometimes make contact with the bolt heads for the
rear seat back.  These are the bolts that protrude into the top of the
rear wheel well.  If I am turning and entering a sloped driveway so
that the car body tends to  shift on the rear suspension the inner
side wall of the rear tire may rub on the bolt head during the turn.
Otherwise these large tires are fine on my car.   However, I do wish
they had more grip on the road surface.

Marks 3
1966 BJ8