[Healeys] Stalling Problem

Alan Seigrist healey.nut at gmail.com
Fri Jun 5 02:31:46 MDT 2009

Charlie -

Sounds like fuel starvation.  Next time the car stalls pull over and pop the
tops off the float chambers.  If one of them is empty you have a clogged or
bad float jet.  If both of them are empty you aren't getting fuel.  Could be
a bad fuel filter or bad fuel pump or clogged fuel tank.

When diagnosing your car not running, always check fuel / ignition at the
end and then work your way back.  So if ignition, check the spark plugs and
work your way back.

If fuel, start at the float chambers and work your way back.

Alan

'52 A90
'53 BN1
'64 BJ8