[Healeys] Trafficator Harness Installation

BJ8 Healeys sbyers at ec.rr.com
Tue Jun 2 06:11:49 MDT 2009

Well, I have never been successful in stuffing the harness through the
stator tube even though the bullets are staggered and I wrapped the bundle
as tightly as possible.  It was an exercise in frustration.

When I installed a new trafficator wiring harness, I cut all of the bullets
off of the ends, leaving about 1-1/2 inches of wire connected to each
bullet.  After the harness was through the tube, I soldered the cut wires
back together.  To make this easier in the future if the harness needs to
come out again I did not twist the wires together before soldering, but just
laid them side by side so the wires aren't damaged.  I used heat-shrink
tubing to insulate the joints after soldering.

Steve Byers
HBJ8L/36666
BJ8 Registry
Havelock, NC