[Healeys] VRG Historic Races at NJ

Ralph Steinberg ralph at cloverleaf-auto.com
Sat Jul 25 05:37:17 MDT 2009

Mark Palmer of the VRG asked me to let everyone know about the second annual
VRG Historic Races at New Jersey Motorsports Park.

 I drove a friend's K1 cycle fender Allard there last year and it was a
blast. The track is really set up for our older cars. Big track, fun to
drive and safe. VRG knows how to put on event, they ought to these are the
same guys that have been running The Vintage Festival at New Hampshire
International for the past 7 years, PVGP/VRG Historic Races at BeaveRun for
the last 5 and they added the Jefferson 500 this year. Also been running the
Turkey Bowl forever so Like I said people who know how to put on a fun safe
event. Even if you do not race let your friends know who do and come on out
anyway and meet us. Perhaps you will start!

September 18-20

Come join us for the second annual New Jersey Historic Races, on the
Lightning Circuit at New Jersey Motorsports Park!  Last year, we had over
150 entries, making it the largest vintage race of NJMP's inaugural year.

VRG offers the only vintage event on the Lightning Circuit, a fast 1.9-mile
course designed by Carroll Shelby with sweeping turns, some interesting
elevation changes, and the signature  "Lightbulb" banked turn leading onto
the front straight.  Some of the turns are reminiscent of the old
Bridgehampton track, and Mont Tremblant, two of our favorite layouts - this
is a real driver's track!

The convenient location in southern New Jersey can't be beat, it's a short
tow from anywhere in the Northeast or Mid-Atlantic(about an hour south of
Philadelphia, or two hours from New York City).  We'll have tons of track
time during our full three-day event, and a great dinner again this year at
the nearby Millville Army Airfield Museum.  We're working on a special
surprise for Saturday night, too.

Don't hesitate to invite your significant other!  There are things to do
right in Millville (the world-class glass museum), good restaurants
downtown, and Atlantic City and the Jersey shore are less than an hour's
drive from the track.  So please send your entry soon - as with all VRG
events, non-members are always welcome!  Entry blanks and additional
information is available on the VRG web site at www.vrgonline.org under
"Events".