[Healeys] Transmission troubles

Chris Dimmock austin.healey at gmail.com
Tue Jul 28 11:39:43 MDT 2009

So what was the actual failure? I've blown up engines, and busted
gearboxes in Sprites in the past, but it never had anything to do with
the oil.... ;-)
I've been using the correct Redline synthetic oils in my BJ8 gearbox/
overdrive, and diff (which are 2 different oils), for many years, and
am very happy with them. As have numerous others on this list.
Sounds like he may have used EP diff oil in his brass synchro gearbox...

Chris
Sydney Australia
www.myaustinhealey.com

Sent from my iPhone