[Healeys] Friday Funnies

tomfelts at windstream.net tomfelts at windstream.net
Mon Jul 27 05:58:26 MDT 2009

FWIW, a few weeks ago, while travelling through beautiful central Va in my E-Type, I let a LOT of smoke out.  The alternator shorted, caught fire and melted all of the alternator harness wires.  Smoke pouring out of the bonnet and dash.

Grabbed the fire extinguisher and put it out.  Thank God for fire extinguishers!

AAA took my to Warrenton to a place called Waterloo Motors Imported Car Service---and yes--I "met" my Waterloo there.  Anyone contemplating using this facility should contact me before you do.

On the E, I had to add a new alternator harness and ammeter.  Then the lights wouldn't work and it took me two days of pulling things off the car to find out why and fix.

Wouldn't have happened had I been driving the Healey!!:):)