[Healeys] air compressor install

Linwood H Rose linwoodrose at mac.com
Thu Jul 23 15:02:03 MDT 2009

List,
Just want to say thanks to all who responded to my inquiry. All of
your comments were quite helpful, and appreciated.

I am going to mount some adjustable shock absorbing feet on the bottom
of two pieces of 4 x 4 and then bolt the compressor to the wood 4 x 4.
This will allow me to be sure the unit is level, and I will be able to
slide a drip pan under the unit easily. Then I will turn it on and see
if it wants to "walk." If it does, I will put a strap around it, but I
will wait on that until I see what it happens.

Again. Thanks everyone. I really did not want to drill the holes in
the floor! The purchaser's comments of this particular unit call it
especially quiet, but I will reserve judgment until I see it in action.

Lin