[Healeys] Air Compressor

Linwood H Rose linwoodrose at mac.com
Tue Jul 21 18:13:04 MDT 2009

I received my new air compressor today.  Ingersoll Rand Electric
Stationary Air Compressor  5 HP, 18.1 CFM @ 90 PSI, 230 Volt, Model#
SS5L5 60 lb. tank.

Directions say to bolt to the floor. I have a brand new garage floor
with brand new professional epoxy paint job. I will drill holes in the
floor if I must, but is there no other alternative? This is the first
compressor I have ever had - always done it the hard way - you know
wire brush in a drill, and turn those spanners, so this is all new
territory for me.

Is it an absolute no-no to put heavy duty hard rubber casters WITH
LOCKS on the feet of the compressor? I would then safety strap the
tank to the wall since these things do appear to be a little top heavy.

Your thoughts and admonishments please.

Lin
1960 BT7 "The Bloody Beast"
1959 AN5 Bugeye