[Healeys] Tire Black

Bob Spidell bspidell at comcast.net
Tue Jul 21 07:32:44 MDT 2009

Excellent points.

The Black Magic Matte Finish I used says only 'contains surfactants' on the
ingredients label (surfactant=='SURFace ACtive AgeNT'; i.e. soap).  I believe
petroleum-based ingredients would have been listed.  The product is clear, not
colored (may still discolor concrete though, didn't try it ;)  BTW, it's about
$10/pint, not per quart as I wrote earlier.

The tires in question are on my 2008 Mustang (date code 4507).  They've faded
some and were stained by brake dust washed off during washing.  Ordinarily I
wouldn't care what the tires looked like, but they looked like sh*t on that
brand new car.  The tires aren't very sticky, I'll replace them with performance
summer tires when they wear out--I'm working on it ;)--but they have a wear
factor of 400.

If the stuff damages the tire I won't lose too much sleep; I don't think
anything it does to the surface rubber is going to affect the integrity of the tire.

bs

Bob Spidell           San Jose, CA            bspidell at comcast.net