[Healeys] Tire Black

Bob Spidell bspidell at comcast.net
Mon Jul 20 22:03:41 MDT 2009

A while back I asked the List for recommendations for something to restore that
'new' look to tires.  I got a lot of good advice, but hadn't come across any
recommended products in a convenient store (and I'm too lazy/cheap to order
online and pay shipping).

Anyway, I was at Pep Boys the other day getting other stuff when I noticed a
product called 'Black Magic Titanium Matte Tire Finish' amongst the myriad boy
racer 'wet look' products.  So I bought a bottle and gave it a try and it did
exactly what I wanted; i.e. restore the original, new tire color without the
phony, glossy look.  Not cheap at about $10 for a quart or so, but worth it IMO.

Thought I'd pass it along.

Bob

Bob Spidell           San Jose, CA            bspidell at comcast.net