[Healeys] Gas tank/carb. floats

BJ8 Healeys sbyers at ec.rr.com
Sat Jul 18 15:34:06 MDT 2009

I had forgotten the little detail that the float is already full of gas.
You're going to have to get that out anyway by drilling a hole in the float,
so I would second Bob Yule's approach to the repair:  drill a small hole,
drain the gas, find the leak using your favorite technique, then solder the
leak and drilled hole closed.

Steve Byers
HBJ8L/36666
BJ8 Registry