[Healeys] BJ8 rear springs

andy pole ampole at hotmail.com
Sat Jul 18 10:40:23 MDT 2009

Steve

I bet you will probably shear a couple of the u bolts, and I would change them
all, I would also get new rear shackle bolts and new front half moon bolts as
you may end up grinding or cutting out. Also you will need the rubbers/poly
bushes for; front bolt, back shackles and pad for spring plate.

Cant help with US suppliers, but my Healey guy reckons the only bj8 springs
made to the correct curvature are supplied by Dennis Welsch, hence thats where
I got mine.

Put a small block of wood between the shackle and chassis as you jack the
spring up, to stop the shackle doing any damage before it finds it correct
position.

Its up to you if you want to go the whole, back end bush kit and also do the
radius arm, but this could be a pig.

cheers Andy