[Healeys] thermostat discussion

F Ronald Rader f.ronald.rader at gmail.com
Thu Jul 16 23:24:50 MDT 2009

Listers:
since i posed the question relative to my new 1966 Mustang....

my 1965 Healey and my 1967 E type FHC both have 165 degree thermostats.
both have new radiators and new water pumps.
the E type with A/C has an electric fan and the BJ8 has a "desert" fan.

both keep the water very cool.
both have 50 / 50 water and anti freeze
they run about 165 no matter how hot it gets.
both seem to run strong.
neither over heats, even the E type which is black, with the A/C on in
100 degree weather.
so i think i am going to switch my mustang back to a 165 'stat and see
what happens.

ron rader
 LAX

1965 BJ8 BRG