[Healeys] radiator water

healeymanjim at hansencc.net healeymanjim at hansencc.net
Mon Jul 6 21:55:59 MDT 2009

i learned the hard way about adding tap water to a radiator.  here in vegas the water comes from the colorado river, which has massive amounts of calcium and other minerals that will eat up a cooling system.  it even ate up the pipes in my house and i had to have the house replumbed with some kind of plastic pipe and fittings.  you ought to see what it did to my neighbor's golf cart batteries.  i use only distilled or reverse osmosis water no matter where i go.  better safe than sorry.  BTW, i added some of that Water Wetter to my cooling system on the bn6 with negative results.  did not change the temp on the guage one iota.  worth a try, i guess.     hjim