[Healeys] Fuel and temperature gauges

Peter Linn greylinn at ozemail.com.au
Sun Jul 5 23:40:59 MDT 2009

G'day list

I'm now looking at getting the V6-engined BN1 wired. Doesn't look like being a
huge problem, but it may be difficult to get the Smiths fuel and temperature
gauges working with the existing sensors on the Holden motor. This is all a
mystery to me, but my auto electrician says it's down to the impedance range
(Ohms) - for example, the Holden sender works at 40 Ohms (full) 97 Ohms (half)
and 280 Ohms (empty) Does anyone know these figures for the Smiths fuel gauge,
and, if it works on the same principle, the temperature gauge? Or is there a
way of recalibrating the Smiths gauges?

Cheers

Peter Linn
Brisbane Oz