[Healeys] thermostat discussion

GUY DAY grday at btinternet.com
Sun Jul 5 06:54:34 MDT 2009

Kees,
I fully agree with your comments but suggest it is probable (although not a
certainty - it could be poor engine timing) that in this case it is the
friction in a newly rebuilt engine.  When that goes so the temperature
should drop to similar levels to the other engine.
Relating this to your explanation - I am suggesting the overload is the
additional friction from the newly rebuilt engine, when that goes so will
the higher than wanted temperature.
Time (and engine use) will tell.

Guy R Day
OL11